Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Crock Pot Chinese Beef Strips with Snow Peas

I'm always looking for things to change up our weekly dinners, and I really like to utilize the crock pot as it gives daddy time to play with the kiddos or for all of us to go for a walk/bike ride after daddy gets home from work.  Seeing that daddy is usually the "cook" in the house (he really enjoys it, is really good at it and by the time he gets home I just need 10 minutes to myself), the days I crock pot are a break for him too. So I venture onto new recipes every once in a while, this week I found 4 to try. Last night we tried the first of the 4 and it was good. Here's the recipe:

Crock Pot Chinese Beef Strips w/ Snow Peas
1 lb flank steak (sliced into strips)
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
1 bunch green onions
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 can bamboo shoots, drained
1/2 cup snow peas

Combine steak, beef broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and 2 chopped green onions in crock pot.
Cook on low for 5-7 hours
Turn to high. Dissolve 2 Tbsp cornstarch with the 2 Tbsp cold water. Stir into crock pot and mix well
Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened
During last 7 minutes (I like my snow peas still crunchy) add water chestnuts, bamboo and snow peas.
Serve over white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment