Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lets get Crocking


I'm going to start with my newest all time favorite go to crock pot soup. What I love about this soup is not only how easy it is but also the flavors are different than most crock pot soups/stews.

Thai Chicken Rice Noodle Soup

2 cans coconut milk (I prefer using 1 full fat and 1 low fat)
1 lb chicken thighs/breasts
3-4 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp minced ginger (I probably add closer to 4 tbsp)
4 Cups chicken stock
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 red bell peppers
2 cups snow peas
limes
cilantro
jalapeno (optional, I don't use as we have small tummies we are feeding, but could easily be served on side for people who like spicy)
Rice noodles

Put coconut milk, chicken, garlic, ginger, chicken stock, soy sauce in crock pot.
Cook on low 6-8 hours
10 minutes before being ready to eat cook rice noodles on stove top and add to crock pot
5-10 minutes before dinner is ready (depends on how crunchy you like your vegetables) add in bell peppers and snow peas.
Allow people to add their own limes, jalapeno and cilantro as a garnish

In this recipe I play around with the vegetables we add, carrots, bean sprouts, organic pea shoots, bok choy, etc...

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe! I had no idea coconut milk could be added so soon in the crockpot - I've had not so good results with cows milk in the crockpot.

    This looks like pure yum...I'm trying this tomorrow

    :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you are blogging!!!!!

    ReplyDelete