Saturday, October 27, 2012

Crock Pot Korean Beef w/Cucumber salad

This was probably one of the better meats I've made in the crock pot, the kids devoured every last bite. We had no left overs which definitely proves it was a good dinner. The recipe calls for chuck roast, short ribs or back ribs however I wasn't able to find any of those where I shop and I ended up using a flank steak and it turned out amazing as well. I do think it would be perfect with ribs as they have a little more fat on them.

Crock Pot Korean Beef
1 lb beef (chuck roast, short ribs, back ribs, flank steak)
1 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp veg oil
1 tbsp ginger
2 tsp garlic
2 tsp sriracha (optional, we left this out due to tiny mouths)

Mix all together and pour over beef. After I mixed the sauce (prior to pouring on beef) I tasted it to see how I liked the flavor I did need to increase the amount of rice vinegar as I thought it was a little too oily, I added an additional 1 tsp rice vinegar.
Cook on low 6-8 hours

Cucumber Slaw
1 cucumber (seedless recommended)
Thinly slice red onion
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
Mix all together



No comments:

Post a Comment