Saturday, May 9, 2015

The most perfect chocolate chip cookie

I have been on the quest to find the recipe for the most perfect chocolate chip cookie. Yesterday's recipe was a failure, I ate a few, but they made me want to cry because I had so much hope. I knew what I wanted. I wanted soft, I wanted chewy, I wanted delicious, and I found it. I knew immediately when the dough came together that I was going to be all that I dreamed of, and I was right. I am not the type to eat more than one or two cookies, but I literally could sit down and eat every single one of these cookies they are so scrumptious. So soft, and chewy and just downright amazing. So now I'll share the recipe with you, so that you no longer have to search for the most perfect chocolate chip cookie. My cookies have to have walnuts so...feel free to leave them out but they're really not the same without.

Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 cups + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 stick salted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 

Mix flour, baking soda and cornstarch, set aside.
Beat together cooled butter and sugars with an hand mixer, about a minute.
Add eggs and vanilla, beat until just combined
Slowly add dry ingredients, and mix until the dough is homogeneous
Mix in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 325
Scoop cookies and roll into a ball, I used my 2 tbsp cookie scoop as I like smaller cookies
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown (the center will look underdone, you want that, they continue cooking on cookie sheet)
Allow cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheet.
Transfer to cooling racks
Try not to eat every last cookie in one sitting

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment