Saturday, May 16, 2015

Crockpot Chalupas

I'm always looking for new crockpot recipes. I try to use my crockpot 2-3 times a week and love mixing up recipes to have a variation to our weekly menu. This week I found a Chalupa recipe that sounded pretty darn good, I knew it would need some tweaking to be the right taste but the base of the recipe was good. So I made some tweaks, I adjusted some flavors and the final product was exactly what I had hoped.

Crockpot Chalupas
2 lb pork loin
1 tbsp cumin
1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp Oregano
1/2 cup salsa verde
1 can pinto beans
1/2 diced onion

Mix cumin, garlic, oregano, salsa verde & diced onion
Place pork loin & pinto beans in crockpot
Pour spice mix over meat & beans
Cook on low for 6-8 hours
Serve with Tortillas, sour cream, cilantro, guacamole, lettuce, green onions, tomatoes...
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment