Thursday, January 3, 2013

Homemade Play Doh

Seeing that I'm a mom to 3 young kids I don't always cook just food, sometimes I also cook crafts. In this case I have found a perfect play doh recipe. What I love is I can make it fresh anytime we want it and in any color, it also has a good shelf life (ours lasts about a month or so). Yesterday we made yellow and purple (it was supposed to be purple mind you it definitely looks more gray) and seeing it's winter and we don't get "snow" here we decided to make play doh snowmen. Which is good seeing that I would never let me kids build a snowman with yellow and gray snow.

Enjoy!!!!


Homemade Play Doh
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tbsp cream of tartar
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
food coloring

Mix first 4 ingredients in pot and add water.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly 3-5 minutes
Dough will become difficult to stir and clump together at that point it's done.
Turn out onto flat surface and knead for 5 minutes adding food coloring of your choice

No comments:

Post a Comment