Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mango, Avocado, Black Bean Chop Chop Salad

I can feel it...can you? Summer is coming. This past Friday it was a 82 and beautiful and just made me crave those summer days. We ate dinner outside and I could picture swimming in the ocean, coming home after spending all day at the beach and eating something light and refreshing. Sipping a glass of wine and eating salad a delicious salad.  Today of course is raining and summer feels so far away, now this is coming from someone who lives where it's typically 70 and sunny so I'm not definitely complaining, I'm just dreaming of what this summer has in store. 

Mango, Avocado, Black Bean Chop Chop Salad
1 1/2 cup mango, chopped (I used frozen because it was easy)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 can black beans rinsed
1 avocado, cut into chunks
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1 cup chicken, cooked & chopped
Juice from 2 limes
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup cilantro
salt to taste

Mix all ingredients together and serve over lettuce. 
*I actually made everything (excluding the avocado and tomatoes) this morning and it's in the fridge marinating to get extra flavor, the kids and I have tasted it a few times (hey a chef has to taste their food to make sure it's good) and I can say I'm super excited for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment