Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Shredded beef tacos --- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker

I can't be the only one on the lookout for new tacos to mix up my Taco Tuesday options. This one turned out so good and was easy. Either throw it in the Instant Pot for 35 minutes or the slow cooker option all day long and you'll have tender shredded beef tacos for dinner. I chose to go the IP route, because I love the functionality of just being able to throw everything in at the last minute. Although there is a special place in my heart (and nose) that LOVES having my food slow cooked all day long. Just serve with corn or flour tortillas.  So here it is:


Shredded Beef Tacos
3-4 lbs of stew meat
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 Tbsp tomato paste
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup either picante or green salsa*
1 cup beef broth

For Garnish
Cilantro
Green Onions
Limes
Sour cream
Guacamole
Salsa
Lettuce
*I used green because I knew it wouldn't be too spicy for the 4 little mouths I have to feed.

In bowl mix stew meat and salt. Toss to coat.
Press the Saute button on IP add olive oil
Add in onions and garlic until fragrant and softened
Add in tomato paste, cumin and oregano. Stir for about a minute
Add meat
Pour in salsa and beef broth
Cover and set to "Meat/Stew" option (remember to do so you must press the "Keep Warm/Cancel" button). Set cook time to 35 minutes.
Let pressure release naturally
Remove meat and shred.

Slow Cooker option:
Place all ingredients in IP and choose slow cook option, cook on low for 5-7 hours. If you're up for it browning the meat prior to placing in IP will add to the depth of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment