Monday, November 10, 2014

Fish Bowls

Sharing a easy all time favorite recipe. My family loves fish tacos, one night I had all the ingredients we typically use but didn't have any tortillas and seeing I try sticking to my "one grocery shopping trip a week" motto, I improvised and we used rice instead.  Renaming our fish tacos to "Fish bowls," and we haven't looked back since. It's a favorite, I usually get a request every week for it. So here it is, I'll share.

Fish Bowls
1 lb white fish (have used mahi mahi, cod, swai...etc)
1 jar green salsa (we love Trader Joes, salsa verde because its got great flavor but isn't too spicy for the tiny mouths in our house)
Shredded Cabbage
Shredded cheese
Sour Cream
Guacamole
Green onions
White rice (could use brown too, we just prefer white)

The fish I buy is frozen so I defrost in cold water for about 10-20 minutes
Cook in pan with 1/2-3/4 jar of green sauce (save some to add to fish bowl before eating)
Once cooked serve over rice, add toppings of cabbage, green onions, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and green sauce.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment