Sunday, December 20, 2015

Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies


I'm always looking for new cookie recipes to mix up from the ones we typically make. I can usually tell just by looking at the recipe if we're going to like it or not. I've been wanting to make this one for days and I'm so glad I took the time today because they may just be my new favorite Christmas cookie ever.






Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies
Cookie
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 egg
3/4 cup softened salted butter
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (can use vanilla extract, if you know me I love me my vanilla bean paste)
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups all purpose flour
Filling
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (again can use vanilla extract)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Combine brown sugar, egg, vanilla bean paste, and butter. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour and baking powder, beat at low speed until well mixed. Mine was crumbly, but comes together just fine while rolling.

Roll dough into balls. Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make an indentation in each cookie with your thumb, make sure to make a deep enough imprint to hold the filling.

Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl, fill each cookie with 1 tsp (or less depending on smaller cookies, I like smaller cookies) of filling. Bake 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned, cool 1 minute on cookie sheet then move to a cooling rack.

Eat. Enjoy. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment