Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Zuppa Toscana ---- Instant Pot

Need something cozy to eat before cuddling in front of the fire this Fall and Winter. I have a great recipe for you. I've made this many times before in my crock pot and love it, but seeing that I have the Instant Pot I figured I'd attempt it in there. I love it even more in the Instant Pot because you take out the extra step of using a different pan on the stove...and I'm all for using one dish when cooking.

Zuppa Toscana --- Instant Pot
1 lb Italian Sausage
1/2 lb bacon chopped
3 cups chopped potatoes
2 cups chicken broth
4 cups water
4 green onions, chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 cup kale or spinach
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Chop sausage and bacon into bite sized pieces
Turn Instant Pot onto saute on the hottest setting.
Add tbsp of oil or butter
Add garlic
Stir in bacon and sausage, brown completely.
Cancel the Instant Pot, drain the grease off bacon and sausage.
Add potatoes, broth, water, green onions and bacon and sausage.
Close Instant Pot and set to "Soup" mode.
Change time to 25 minutes.
Once done, release pressure and open Instant Pot.
Add whipping cream and spinach/kale.
Close Instant Pot and set for manual 7 minutes.
Release pressure and Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment