Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Albondigas Soup

I use this blog as my own recipe book. I can go back to the blog and look through recipes we like that maybe we haven't had in a while. I love being able to flip through the recipes and change up our weekly menu. I menu plan every week and make a list off of that menu, and I try to keep variety. Every week we typically have some Italian dish, Mexican, Chinese, Indian...etc. When I make a great recipe I always make sure to write down how I made it so that I can make it again. This week this Albondigas soup turned out better than I've ever made it so I need to write this down. I made this in my dutch oven because I felt the urge to cook. But this could easily be done in the Instant Pot. See below for IP instructions.

Albondigas Soup
Meatballs:
1 cup rice (I use white)
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 an onion chopped
4 tbsp. chopped cilantro (or parsley if you don't like cilantro)
2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp. oregano
1 egg beaten
4 cloves of garlic minced
For the Soup:
3 cups bone broth (I use chicken because that's typically what I have on hand but beef would work just as well)
3 cups water
4 cloves garlic minced
6 large carrots chopped
4 potatoes chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes  (14.5 oz can)
1/2 lemon juiced
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in bottom of stock pot. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
Add chopped carrots and potatoes and cook until a nice caramelization, about 5-7 minutes.

Add broth, water and tomatoes.
Bring to boil and turn down heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Mix meatballs and form into small balls
Slowly add meatballs to pot one at a time. Stir carefully.
Cover and let cook over low to medium heat for another 30-45 minutes.
Add lemon juice and fresh cilantro or parsley to taste.

Enjoy!

Instant Pot----Albondigas Soup
Recipe is same.
Set IP to sauté add onions and  garlic. Add chopped carrots and potatoes and cook until carmelization.
Add broth, water and tomatoes.
Mix meatballs and form into small balls
Add meatballs to pot one at a time. Stir carefully.
Close IP, and set to Soup mode timer on IP set to 20 minutes.
Manually release steam.

Add lemon juice and fresh cilantro or parsley to taste.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment