Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Coconut, Almond, Date Balls


I'm always looking for new and healthy snacks for my four insatiable children. I get tired of feeding them the same snacks day after day and I'm sure they're tired of it too. I was on a hunt for something, not only easy but tasty and that they could help me make. I found just the thing, and what I'm even more excited about is the variations these can take on, I could make just about any flavor I want. The kids devoured them, and I honestly think it may be my favorite "cookie" like snack ever. As in the best cookie I've ever had. These were so simple, I'm all ready to make another batch and am inventing other twists of ingredients on this recipe.
Coconut, Almond, Date Balls
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup pitted dates (about 8)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

In food processor blend together the almonds and shredded coconut until a fine consistency.
Add in the remaining ingredients and process for about 45 seconds, or until the mixture starts to come together (sticky).
Take 1 teaspoon at a time and roll together in your hands to make small balls.
Place on parchment lined cookie sheet for an hour.
Store in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment