Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pozole Verde Beef Stew----Instant Pot

I usually can tell from just reading a recipe a) if we'll like it and b) the tweaks I'll make to the recipe to ensure it's exactly what I want the end result to be. I love trying new soups, and I really love trying new recipes  that have ingredients that I don't typically use. I absolutely love how this recipe turned out, it was perfect on a nice cold night.

Pozole Verde Beef Stew
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 lb beef stew meat
1 25 oz can hominy, drained and rinsed
1 jar green salsa (I use Trader Joes brand)
1 1/2 cup bone broth
Avocado
Cilantro
Lime
Green onion
That's it!

Cut stew meat into 1 inch pieces.
In mixing bowl, mix cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and add stew meat. Mix well.
Place everything in the Instant Pot, except avocado, cilantro, lime and green onion.
Stir well.
Close Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 22 minutes.
Quick release pressure.
Serve with avocado, cilantro, lime and green onion
Enjoy!!!!
Hint: If you haven't bought Hominy before you can find at most grocery stores near the canned corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment