Monday, November 23, 2020

Hot & Sour Soup

In interest of changing things up around here during Fall & Winter. I tried my hand at a Hot & Sour Soup. I can tell you it surprised me how well it turned out. We made it just spicy enough, next time we're going to do two batches one normal spice and one with extra heat for those who want it. The kids loved the way this one turned out, so I'll leave the recipe as is. I would consider this a 2-3 on the spice level, not burn your lips spicy but a nice warmth in the stomach. 

 Hot & Sour Soup

3 cups bone broth (or veg. I used chicken)

3 cups water

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup vinegar (rice, apple cider or white) 

1 whole head of garlic sliced in half (leaving skin on)

1 finger of ginger (about 1 inch long, sliced, skin on)

1 tsp Taekyung red pepper powder (or 1 Tbsp Sriracha to taste for spice)

Salt & Pepper to taste

2 eggs well beaten

Sliced green onions

1) In Instant pot place water, bone broth, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and Taekyung red pepper or Sriracha. Close and turn to "soup" cook for high for 20 minutes.

2) When done, strain and place broth back into IP. Taste and season as necessary 

3) Turn IP to Saute, when nice and hot pour in beaten eggs stirring constantly. 

4) Serve with green onions on top

Mangia!


No comments:

Post a Comment