Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chicken Flautas

I'm always looking for new recipes to throw into our menu planning, something that I can alter to go in crockpot is a bonus, but not a must. I found a recipe that I could do just that.
These turned out so good and it was quick and easy too.
I started by cooking the meat in the crockpot all day so when it was time for dinner all I had to do was prep and throw everything in the oven. Took me all of 10 minutes to prep and getting everything in the oven and ready to eat 15 minutes after that, perfect for those nights where you need something quick before the kids start to meltdown.





Chicken Flautas
1 lb chicken
1 jar favorite salsa (I love the Salsa Verde from Trader Joes)
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese
7 flour tortillas
To garnish:
Guacamole
Sour cream
Green onions
Cilantro
Salsa

Place chicken, frozen corn & jar of salsa in crockpot
Cook on low 6-8 hours
Remove mixture from crockpot, add sour cream and 1/4 cup shredded cheese, stir
Butter the bottom of a 9X13 pan
Warm tortillas for 30 seconds in microwave to help make them easier to roll
Place tortilla in bottom of pan, fill with a few tablespoons of filling and roll
Do so for all other tortillas
Brush the top of the flautas with melted butter
Cook in 400degree oven for 13 minutes
Take out of oven, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese
Put back in oven for 2 minutes

Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, green onions and cilantro.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment