Friday, January 9, 2015

My go to meatloaf

Growing up we never had meatloaf, my brother hated it so my mom stopped making it. I think my brother hated it because my mom didn't have my recipe.  I'm not even sure how I really stumbled upon making meatloaf, especially since I didn't have it growing up more than a handful of times. I think the recipe came to me one time I was making meatballs for our favorite crockpot wedding soup recipe. I thought I'd try it and it was a hit, so now I'll share it with you.


My go to Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup bread crumbs
4 green onions, sliced
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt & pepper

Topping
4 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup yellow mustard

Mix all meatloaf ingredients together
Place in greased loaf pan
Mix topping ingredients and evenly spread on top of meatloaf
Cook @ 350 degrees for 1 hour
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment