Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Coconut Flax Scones

What I love most about this scone recipe is how versatile it is. I've used this same scone recipe, and probably have created over 100 different variations. I use what I have in the house and every time the scones turn out so good. Yesterday's addition of coconut and flax made one of our all time favorite. The great thing about this is you can personalize it for what your favorite flour, milk and flavors. The recipe is so basic you just change up for what sounds good to you at that time. Frozen raspberries, frozen blueberries, chocolate chips, coconut, flax seed....anything you can imagine. Next time I make this one I'm going to use canned coconut milk as my liquid, I know it will bring these even more amazing.

Scones
2 cups flour (I love using cake flour, but you can use AP, coconut, almond, whatever your favorite type of flour is)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
1/2 cup milk of any sort coconut milk, almond, soy, half and half...(may need a little more, for right consistency)
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup flax seed

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda
Cut in coconut oil (or butter), until crumbly
Add vanilla bean paste, shredded coconut and flax (or whatever additions you've chosen)
Now add 1/2 cup milk, you may need to add a little extra.
Cook in round greased pan @ 425 for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment