Thursday, November 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Pie

This is a recipe I associate with my Grandmother, I always remember around the holidays hoping that Grandma was making her Peanut Butter Pie.  It wasn't until I was much older that I learned the recipe was actually from my Grandfather (he had passed away before I was born), I love reading the recipe and seeing his personality (you'll see what I mean towards the end of the recipe).

Peanut Butter Pie

Crust
1 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (about 20 we use Oreo cookies, scrape off filling)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter melted

Combine crust ingredients, press into pie pan
Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes
Let cool

Filling
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup heavy cream whipped

Mix cream cheese, PB, sugar, butter & vanilla until smooth.
Fold in whipped cream.
Gently spoon into crust
Lick spoon & bowl until clean, feel no guilt! (yes that is part of her recipe)
Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight and serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment