Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Now I'm not a cheesecake fan, never have been. I have no idea why but I decided to try this recipe and it made me a believer.

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Crust
7-8 graham crackers
5 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup sugar

I double this recipe as the filling makes 2 pies
I use my food processor to chop the graham crackers into a dust, then pour in sugar and melted butter. Dump into pie pans and smash down, cook crust for 10 minutes at 350

Filling
24 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
4 eggs
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 can pumpkin
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sour cream

Mix all filling ingredients either in kitchen aid or with hand mixer until there are no lumps.
Pour into crust (this recipe makes 2 pies)
Bake 1 hour @ 300 turn off oven and leave undisturbed for 1 hour
Refrigerate 4hrs-overnight
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment