Friday, August 19, 2016

Carnitas

Carnitas in the Instant Pot. I wanted to mix it up a bit and try something other than a soup. I knew I wanted to test a Carnitas recipe as that is one of our very favorites that I make in my Crock Pot. So I thought I'd give this a go and we ate every last bite. 

Carnitas
Pork loin (mine was 1.3lbs but next time I need bigger)
4 garlic cloves, whole and peeled
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp of ground chipotle pepper (more to taste)
1 white onion sliced

Brown pork in the Saute function with a little oil, sliced onion and garlic cloves.
Add all seasonings
3/4 cup of water
Close the Instant Pot, choose Meat function for 30 minutes (more time for bigger pieces of meat)

Serve with corn tortillas, fresh avocado, green onion, and I made a sour cream and lime juice sauce!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment