Thursday, August 18, 2016

Instant Pot---Phake Pho

Pho real, this was so so good and easy. I easily could see eating this in different variations weekly. The kids each had two full bowls; note to self next time double recipe.
Now this isn't going to be a traditional Pho, why for a few reasons. I didn't have all the spices of traditional Pho and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the cinnamon and other spices that typical Pho is. But it doesn't mean that this isn't an absolutely fantastic soup and so easy. You can mix up the vegetables you add








Pho
2 lemongrass stalks, cut in 2 inch pieces
3/4 of a leek sliced
3 green onions, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup fish sauce (optional)
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, can leave whole skin on
3 large pieces of ginger, no need to peel
Pieces of chicken bone in, skin on (I used a huge breast and two legs)
Water to cover (add extra if you like lots of broth)
Bok choy, chopped
Noodles (***see note below)

Add all spices, fish sauce, soy sauce, place chicken on top and cover with water.
Turn on Instant Pot for 30 minutes on high, I used the "meat" button.
When done release the pressure.
Strain the broth and shred meat off the bone. (make sure to save your bones for bone broth, stay tuned for my Instant Pot bone broth recipe)
Place all back in Instant Pot and add additional vegetables of your choice for 5-6 minutes
Additional vegetable options:
Bok Choy, snow peas, bean sprouts, daikon,carrots, celery...
Serve with Jalapenos, Limes, Basil, Cilantro, Green onion

***Noodles, now I'm sure this can be added to the Instant Pot, but I haven't been brave enough yet as we are very particular at the al dente "ness" (that's totally a word if not, I'm making it one) of our noodles you know being Italian and all.  So we cooked these in a pot on the stove, totally defeating the purpose of one pot cooking but I can't risk soggy noodles. I will get brave enough to add noodles, I will, I'm just not that confident yet...Soon...Soon.

Now go make this, eat it all, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment